Chris Marusich transcribed 1.6K bytes: > ng0 writes: > > > You can stash those po/* files, it's the first thing I do if I ever > > happen to work on a complete new checkout. > > Do you stash JUST the po files? Yep. And I never stash apply them back. There's a stash of the po that I have for about almost as long as I contribute to Guix. > I have often found these po files very > annoying while trying to make changes to Guix and test locally. I think > that if I do "git stash" and later "git stash pop", it updates the > timestamps of many files, so "make" rebuilds many, many things that it > really doesn't have to. > > Beyond doing "git checkout po" are there any other ways to deal with > these po files that won't negate make's incremental build feature? > > -- > Chris Maybe we could add them to .gitignore, but I haven looked into the buildsystem for some time, if that would affect for example make dist. But as long as you don't run make dist you could have them in a .gitignore. -- GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys WWW: https://n0.is/a/ :: https://ea.n0.is