I recommend you do not reconfigure any systems that are important based on the current core-updates branch. After applying the proposed fix for GPM [0], I reconfigured my headless GuixSD system using core-updates. After rebooting, I found that my user's numerical ID had changed, so I no longer owned any of my files. Not being able to read ~/.ssh means you can't log in remotely. Additionally, several of root's "dotfiles" had been replaced with their default versions, erasing my modifications. For example, ~root/.bash_profile no longer contained my modifications. Finally, my users's password no longer worked. I fixed this as root before I noticed that my user's files were inaccessible; I don't know if I could have avoided the password reset by re-chowning my files. [0]