unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Thunderbird/Icedove
@ 2017-08-26  8:00 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-08-26  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Does someone of you use Thunderbird and have a desire to get it working?
The state of my thunderbird is a basic construction site.
I'm running into issues which are sometimes one or almost two decades old
which were "supposedly" resolved.

All in all it is easy, if it wouldn't be for mork not finding its header
(no, -I doesn't solve this and my dirty hack so far is to patch the includes
and move the headers already to $out/include/ which is not a good idea at all).

I'm a roadblock in this case, there's lots of things coming up for me soon
and I want to focus on important tasks. Thunderbird is low priority for my
project. So, any takers? If so I'll submit my patch.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Thunderbird/Icedove
@ 2017-08-26  9:01 ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-08-26  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Am 26.08.2017 um 10:00 schrieb ng0:
> Does someone of you use Thunderbird and have a desire to get it working?

I tried building thunderbird for guix about a year ago – and gave up. I
took the firefox build as a blueprint and tried adopting it with
success. I then decided that somebody knowing how to build firefox
and/or thunderbird should take this taks.

Sorry for no more positive message, but I wanted you to know that you
are not alone :-) I'll send you what I have off-list.

--
+++hartmut

| Hartmut Goebel            |                       |
| hartmut@goebel-consult.de | www.goebel-consult.de |