ng0 transcribed 2.6K bytes: > Ludovic Courtès transcribed 0.6K bytes: > > Hello, > > > > Pjotr Prins skribis: > > > > > By hosting source packages on IPFS they become content addressable and > > > should scale for downloads. It would also become a safe way of > > > distributing data. > > > > > > https://github.com/ipfs/ipfs > > I hope that you are aware that this isn't that safe. > As an intermediate solution it is okay. It is similar to providing > torrents. It works, but everyone wants the easy way, the > easy solution which works $now. Eh, let me revise that. It is safe, but IPFS solves different problems than GNUnet. They are doing good work nevertheless. I just think that putting work into something entirely different is pointless, from where I stand. If everyone who complained about certain things would work on them just a bit, we'd move faster. But hey, that's life. Just a check on wether we'll have IPFS and GNUnet some day or if I should just consider working on it completely on my own now as you consider GNUnet doomed (or something). > Maybe we have different goals, which would be okay aswell, > you can have different goals but still work on a common base > as teams. > > On an update semi-related to this thread: > I don't have any illusions, gnunet-fs integration will take some > time going from the theory lynX, Grothoff and mainly myself thought of, > talked through and wrote down to having it in place. It will require > some additions to gnunet-fs which need to be discussed, etc. > > > I would love such a thing to happen (that’s also why we had a GSoC on > > using GNUnet’s file sharing capabilities a while back.) > > > > The simplest thing to get started, as you wrote, would be to have an > > HTTPS gateway to IPFS (which ‘guix substitute’ could readily talk to > > without any modification), though one would still need to populate IPFS > > in the first place. > > > > Ludo’. > > > > > > -- > ng0 > GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 > GnuPG: https://n0is.noblogs.org/my-keys > https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org -- ng0 GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://n0is.noblogs.org/my-keys https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org