ng0 transcribed 13K bytes: > As of 2017-08-04 this is the list of fonts.google.com as taken from a listing > of the "ofl" directory in the repository for it (https://github.com/google/fonts). > We concluded that at least some of the fonts (maybe all of them) are simply taken > from upstream sources. > > This is a very long list, so I want to use this thread to dissect it and collect > upstream sources. For what reasons? > - We will be able to create a "google-fonts-meta" package so that someone could > use it to run an alternative to google font hosting, or even host it locally > for whatever reasons. > - Because some of the fonts are really good and if people could just use them > from guix instead of google.com, that's cool. > - More organs means better human! Ehm... more fonts are better, of course. > - For science. And last not least: > « - Dis Cortex, tu veux faire quoi cette nuit ? > - La même chose que chaque nuit, Minus, tenter de conquérir le monde ! > > Fonts we have are marked with an "#" at the start of the name > and comment below if necessary. > URLs will be written in parens behind a font, like > craftygirls/ (https://random.host/dist/doesnotexist) > > A bugtracker might not be ideal for this, but it is a start. > … > OFL: … > abel/ Whoever finds the Abel Google is shipping, gets a promise for a free coffee or whatever. With Lato and Dosis I have already unbundled 2/3 of the fonts I have been using from Google for the website redesign I'm occupied with. Abel would be the missing 3rd, but "it is difficult" at least not within 2 minutes. Upstream source: http://www.madtype.com/webfonts/ -- ng0 GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://n0is.noblogs.org/my-keys https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org