Ricardo Wurmus transcribed 0.7K bytes: > > ng0 writes: > > > I was just asking because this seems to differ on systems updated > > with `guix pull` and those through git. My intended build machine > > uses /etc/guix/ and the master uses /usr/local/, both are GuixSD. > > Then /etc/guix is specificed in 'guix pull' updates. > > Who is “the master”? I assume that you mean the machine using Guix from > git. > > This is nothing to do with using GuixSD. If you use Guix from git you > can affect its behaviour using the “configure” script. If you do not > set the prefix it will be the default prefix, which is “/usr/local”. > The same applies to all other locations, including “localstatedir”. Okay, then my mistake so far was to not include the prefix in my update script. Thanks for clearing that up. -- ng0 OpenPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 https://krosos.org/~/ng0/ https://www.infotropique.org