unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net>
To: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: documentation/behavior unclear of (tor-hidden-service)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 12:08:20 +0000	[thread overview]

On 17-03-06 11:13:32, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi!
>
> ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> skribis:
>
> > moving on, this could be improved:
> > In case one aims for keeping the config public this is a bad idea but
> > what about creating the hostname + private_key in $name as plain-file?
> > Would this be overwritten by (tor-hidden-service) or would this just be
> > bad practice but "whatever works for you"?
>
> Tor is stateful here: it creates the
> /var/lib/tor/hidden-services/SERVICE directory once, and then never
> touches it again.
>
> Do you think our documentation should be improved?  Could you suggest a
> patch that improves things, while at the same time not paraphrasing too
> much of Tor’s own documentation?
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Thanks.

I'll think of something along the lines next time I have time to spend
for documentation.

What do you think about the private-key + hostname option? Too much
of bad practice to implement it for the service?

I was thinking of adding a (tor-relay-node) once I have the option to
run a GuixSD system not in my home and/or other circumstances are
solved which now prevent certain things.

Maybe someone else can try and implement this, I only know what'S needed
for running the relay but can't do it at the moment ;)