On 17-01-20 14:26:23, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > contact.ng0@cryptolab.net skribis: > > > I've been changing this service back and forth and back again, now > > running on one computer, and leaving aside all confusion you will see > > in there, gnunet needs at least a .config/gnunet file, the rest should > > be automatically created. unless it isn't, which was the case > > here. And all shepherd gives me on the computer where I run the branch > > is: starting service gnunet. couldn't start service gnunet. > > You can use > > (make-forkexec-constructor … #:log-file "/var/log/gnunet.log") > > to log stdout/stderr from GNUnet. > > HTH! > > Ludo’. Okay, it seems that the various subsystems of gnunet can not access the log file to write into it. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39590 Feb 24 21:35 gnunet.log Can this be fixed for services, or do I have to move this elsewhere? As far as I know it didn't work in /var/lib/gnunet/ either, so it maybe I'm suid'ing wrong? I'll append the current version of the patch and log of it, I didn't work very much on it recently but I hope to fix it in the next 3 weeks because this commit is getting annoyingly old.