unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org>
To: tumashu <tumashu@163.com>
Cc: guix <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Integrating different input methods into Guix
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:06:05 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 10:39:15 +0800 (CST)
tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

> The other problem is:
>
> im-config include many im's config files and I cannot  let im-config depend all the im,
> if fcitx is not installed,  How to deal with "/usr/bin/fcitx" in fcitx config file which is included in im-config?
> just replace it with "fcitx"?

You mean the configs for all the input methods ("cjkv.conf", "ibus.conf", "fcitx.conf", "uim.conf", "hime.conf", "gcin.conf", "maliit.conf", "scim.conf", "hangul.conf", "thai.conf", "xim.conf", "kinput2.conf", "xsunpinyin.conf") in "data" ?

I think then one would maybe write a "input-method-root-service" Guix service and other im services and let each im service extend that service.

That way the user can have the different input methods as services in their Guix system config file.

See gnu/services/cups.scm "union-directory" for how you merge multiple extension's directory trees into one.

See operating-system-environment-variables for the environment variables that are already exported to every process.

See the Guix manual "Service Composition" for how to compose services.

We already have packages for ibus, fcitx - but no service for ibus, fcitx.