On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 07:34:32PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: > Kei Kebreau writes: > > >> I've found 'diffoscope' to be useful when troubleshooting > >> reproducibility problems. E.g. by running it on two cancelled builds, or > >> by installing to different output paths with a superficial change to the > >> expression. It will show sections that differs which may aid locating > >> the offending code. > >> > > > > Yes. I see that diffoscope complains about missing 'xxd'. That may be > > useful to package (unless we already have it and I'm just oblivious). > > 'xxd' is distributed with the 'vim' package. Is the error fatal? Perhaps > we should patch diffoscope with the absolute path to xxd. The warning message in the source code is: "xxd not available in path. Falling back to Python hexlify." So, I guess the built-in hexlify is a fine fall-back for now.