On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 06:21:47PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: > Sweet. Perhaps it should be grafted on master first, then merge it and > ungraft on core-updates? Either approach will cause conflicts if there > are further updates to libtiff before next core-updates merge, so not > sure which is better. I'm sure there will be patches for 4.0.7. I'll handle master -> core-updates merge conflicts when I commit those patches to master. > Another approach could be to have special "ungraft" branches for each of > these widely used high-severity libraries, that are continously merged > once Hydra has built it all. > > Not sure how many days it takes to build ~1600 packages for all > supported archs, probably better to merge "ungrafts" to staging. It would be nice to remove the grafts soon, but it's over the 1200 rebuild limit for staging: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-10/msg00933.html But, I'll put it on staging if there is a consensus. I guess that staging will end up requiring more than 1200 rebuilds anyways, since there could be multiple changes with that much impact, but affecting different parts of the package graph.