On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 07:06:50AM +0200, John Darrington wrote: > I think that this should be a configuration item in the service, so that the > user can decide whether to have it or not. I don't think we should force it > on the user. Some applications break if the clock makes large jumps. I agree. This is really something that the system administrator should evaluate and fix on a case-by-case basis. > The ntpd authors decided that the default behaviour is not to make large jumps > so I think we should respect that unless there is a good reason to do otherwise. > So I think this should be configurable in /etc/config.scm and the default should > be not to use -g For me, I have to do this so rarely (and never on the machines I currently use) that I am fine with having to run `ntpd -g ...` by hand. So, if we want to make this configurable in the OS configuration, volunteers are welcome to work on it :)