On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:37:56AM -0400, Kei Kebreau wrote: > Kei Kebreau writes: > > A component necessary for GNU Octave's GUI. > > How does it look? > Not sure how packaging Qt packages goes, but I've discovered that > GNU Octave's GUI only builds with Qt4 support. I've changed the patch to > adjust this. Should I leave the old patch as is and add a qt4 package > that inherits from it? Since Qt 4 is no longer supported upstream, we are trying to remove users of the qt-4 package so that we can eventually remove the qt-4 package itself. With that in mind, how about a qscintilla-for-octave package? This package can inherit from a qscintilla that uses qtbase, and I think it should be declared privately [using (define) instead of (define-public]. > + (replace 'configure > + (lambda _ > + (chdir "Qt4Qt5") > + (zero? (system* "qmake" "qscintilla.pro")))) I would change directory in a separate 'chdir' phase. > + (substitute* (find-files "." "Makefile") > + (((string-append "INSTALL_ROOT)" qt)) > + (string-append "INSTALL_ROOT)" out))))))))) ^ Inconsistent indentation. Also, this phase should return #t, since the return value of substitute* is unspecified. > + (synopsis "Qt5 port of the Scintilla editing component") Make sure to adjust the Qt name as appropriate :)