On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 08:57:00 -0400 Leo Famulari wrote: > On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 06:31:29PM -0700, Dylan Jeffers wrote: > > When submitting patches that require other patches I've submitted, > > should I put them together in a single patch, or keep them separate > > like this? > > For patches that depend on each other, sending them as a "patch > series" will communicate the dependencies and ensure that they apply > properly. If you've made your patches on a branch besides master, you > can do: > > $ git format-patch -n master > > ... and attach those patches to an email. > > You can also use `git send-email`, which uses `git format-patch` but > will also send the patch series if you set up SMTP and configure Git > to use it. > > Can you resubmit these two patches using that method? Normally I > wouldn't ask you to do that but, in this case, this patch does not > apply cleanly after having applied the patch for > python-requests-oauthlib; they both have the same leading context: > > > @@ -9852,3 +9853,34 @@ etc.") > > (package > > (inherit base) > > (name "ptpython2")))) > > Thanks! Thanks for getting back. Here is the series! Dylan