Hi Ricardo, I ran into the eigen issue of numpy+openblas. See https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/issues/703 The good news is that openblas now appears to have fixed eigen support. It was broken on numpy and the upgrades fixed the segfaults. Attached bumping of python-numpy, openblas and python-matplotlib. New package python-cycler. - numpy now needs setuptools - matplotlib requires new packagen python-cycler - matplotlib sources are now on github - matplotlib and ipython now have a circular dependency - so I removed one and had to disable document generation for matplotlib We may have success getting R to work agains OpenBLAS. Pj. PS I thought using texlive-minimal was a good idea. Ignore those if you think it is not supposed to be. It may be the reason the PDFs disappeared.