On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 10:35:43PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: >What do you think about that? Does this align with your vision? > >What do others think? Is this something that would benefit the Guix >project and its audience? I like the idea a lot. I'm only concerned with security of such thing. When the number of other package sources will grow, it should be ensured that some package definition will not touch core/library without user consent. If they will take packages from random sources (as they are careful when downloading applications for windows from various sources or reading licenses), it may easily become security threat to whole system. I'd be glad if we can stop using GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH environment variable (which is a bit clumsy) and have support for multiple source, with priorities (for cases of collisions) and maybe in future support for some digital signatures. \o/ S_W