On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 12:45:57PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 06:25:14PM +0200, John Darrington wrote: > > https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/issues.html > > > > But if I understand correctly, that is not going to do anything if hydra's internal > > cache is good. From what Andraes says, we only noticed this because we happened to > > loose the cache. > > No, it checks the URLs without consulting Hydra's cache. It does not > check the content itself (the hashes). > > From that page, I noticed the issues with Cook and Aegis last year but — > considering the situation, and not knowing that Hydra's cache was not > backed up — I decided to work on other things. The cache would never > have deleted the source code as long as the packages remained in our > tree. > > This project is trying to address the problem: > https://www.softwareheritage.org/ > > I wonder if Guix can use that archive as a last resort? There's also fossies -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted