On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:27:13PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote: > I've been working slowly on getting onionshare packaged, and I've run > into a problem with the install phase. Normally everything just works, > but our --prefix=%out doesn't seem to overide the sys.prefix install > path in some setup.py files. The one in onionshare has some that look > like this: > (os.path.join(sys.prefix, 'share/applications'), ['install/onionshare.desktop']), > https://github.com/micahflee/onionshare/blob/master/setup.py > > I've tried using substitute to switch 'sys.prefix' to %out, and it > installs but the program can't seem to find the files its looking for, > notably the locales. > > Has anyone else run into problems like this and figured something out? > I found this page¹ that, while targeted at python-2, still worked as a template for creating a patch for setup.py to make all the files install in the correct prefix. ¹ https://docs.python.org/2/distutils/setupscript.html#installing-additional-files -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted