On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:57:59AM +0300, Alex Kost wrote: I've just sent a message to bug#22587??, but I realized it is better to discuss it here in a separate thread. So, I think there are inconsistencies in guix commands. For example, we have "guix system build" to build a system, but "guix build" to build a package. IMO "guix package build" would be a better choice. In general, I think it would be good to move package commands inside "guix package", e.g, to make "guix package lint", "guix package size", etc. I'm not saying that you're wrong. But I think the idea is that guix build is a command for development, whereas guix package is a command for users. I think the two need to be kept separate. Wouldn't it be great to make some breaking changes? I mean if this or any other proposal on "guix" command structure is reasonable, I think it's just the time for it while Guix is still alpha/beta. Otherwise, the current command structure will never be changed. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the more recent commands as options to (a possibly renamed) guix build. For example it seems to me that guix environment is specific to a package so perhaps that is a good candidate. But I don't know. Maybe it's still too early to make changes. If such changes are to be made, then we should get them right. J' -- Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encryted email. PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3 fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3 See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.