On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 12:04:56PM -0500, Lukas Gradl wrote: > On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 04:26:59AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > > On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 03:55:51PM -0500, Lukas Gradl wrote: > > > Hello Guix! > > > > > > Attached is a patch to add the SPARTA Direct Simulation Monte Carlo > > > Software. > > > > > > There maybe is a problem with the source URL: The URL always points to > > > the latest version of the source tar ball which is constantly updated > > > and immediately released by upstream. This means that the hash of the > > > source tar ball available at this URL changes several times a month. Is > > > this acceptable or does anyone have an idea how this should be handled? > > > > I assume you've looked for a more stable URL. Are there other distros > > that have solved this problem? Can you contact the SPARTA developers and > > ask if there is a solution? > > AFAIK this software is not packaged in any other distro. I am already > in contact with the author of SPARTA, he provided the URL that I used in > the patch. I explained the problem to him and I am waiting for his > response. > > Thank you! Not just for this package but potentially for others, could we stick a copy on archive.org with a date-stamp or something? -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted