On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 07:33:10PM +0200, Ludovic Court??s wrote: John Darrington skribis: > Postgres ships with a client interface library called libpq - using it is optional > in pspp. If you have it, it allows pspp to directly connect to postgres databases. I guess the PostgreSQL dependency might be debatable since it would probably significantly increase the closure size. Could you check ???guix size??? and decide whether adding this dependency is a good thing, based on its size/benefit ratio? :-) For this reasons, most distos which ship postgres put the libpq &c in a seperate package. Guix so far as I can see is the only one which does not. Should we split postgres into two (or more) outputs ? J' -- Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encryted email. PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3 fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3 See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.