On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:28:33 +0100 Pjotr Prins wrote: > To all. > > Again, I think we have to be more careful with new committers. All > comments below are in the trivial category (in my opinion). > > I appreciate the work reviewers are doing (thank you!), but we should > take care to be nice and welcoming so as not to lose people. I > personally think that the focus on spacing and indentation is way over > the top. Especially when you realise many packages in the tree are > not up to current standards. Anyone looked at python.scm? > > Can we concentrate on functionality first. And when a package is > pretty much up to scratch just do the final editing by the actual > committer? > > Ricardo give a great example here, he corrects and tells us. That way > we learn in a nice way. Submitting packages and abiding by all the > rules is not trivial. Not to mention that lint is sometimes broken and > there are many packages in the tree that do *not* abide by current > rules. I go wrong when I copy something already there. It is not that > easy. > > We need to find a balance between being nice and being correct. > > And don't forget: thank you Jan for the contributions :). Please > continue! We welcome you. > > Pj. > > On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 09:53:47PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote: > Pjotr- thanks for the reminder :). I know we've been a bit behind on patch review and I jumped in a bit too much. Jan- I hope I haven't scared you off or discouraged you. Indeed, thank you for the patches. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted