unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Gnupg 2.1.11
@ 2016-02-04 15:28 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2016-02-04 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

since my update to 2.1.11, gnupg fails to build on hydra:
   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/990803
with a failure of one of the tests.

The package builds without problems on my machine. Could someone else
try it out, please?

Andreas

* Re: Gnupg 2.1.11
@ 2016-02-04 16:58 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-02-04 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> since my update to 2.1.11, gnupg fails to build on hydra:
>    http://hydra.gnu.org/build/990803
> with a failure of one of the tests.
>
> The package builds without problems on my machine. Could someone else
> try it out, please?

We discussed it on IRC and I can tell that a --rounds=3 build succeeded
here on x86_64, yielding:

  /gnu/store/lk82n0sxjm9z2wciiadvd32nnkr2a404-gnupg-2.1.11
  SHA256: 029qvi1k26rw6agx39gxaz12dx2shgzmm81f9bbagzvh9m2vfh2w

Mark was suspecting a hardware issue on the build machine, so we’re
running memtester on the presumed build machine.

Ludo’.

* Re: Gnupg 2.1.11
@ 2016-02-04 19:36   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2016-02-04 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 05:58:12PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> We discussed it on IRC

We continued discussion there. It fails on hydra.gnunet.org and
guix.sdj.se and succeeded on chapters.gnu.org.

There is a dependency chain gnupg -> openldap -> openssl, so it may be
related to the openssl update; that the failures are not uniform is
worrying, however.

Andreas

* Re: Gnupg 2.1.11
@ 2016-02-04 20:59     ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2016-02-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

It eventually built successfully, and we've learned more recently.
See https://bugs.gnu.org/22558 for further discussion on this issue.

     Thanks,
       Mark

* Re: Gnupg 2.1.11
@ 2016-02-06 16:52       ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2016-02-06 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi people,

On 05/02/2016, Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> wrote:
> It eventually built successfully, and we've learned more recently.
> See https://bugs.gnu.org/22558 for further discussion on this issue.

When I try to follow the link, I get the following:

    Your connection is not secure

    The owner of bugs.gnu.org has configured their website improperly.
To protect your information from being stolen, Iceweasel has not
connected to this website.

The browser used is iceweasel 44.0 in Debian unstable.
Clicking the "Advanced tab" gives the following:

    bugs.gnu.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate
is only valid for the following names: debbugs.gnu.org,
www.debbugs.gnu.org (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

>      Thanks,
>        Mark

* Re: Gnupg 2.1.11
@ 2016-02-06 17:44         ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2016-02-06 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Vong; +Cc: guix-devel

Alex Vong <alexvong1995@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi people,
>
> On 05/02/2016, Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> wrote:
>> It eventually built successfully, and we've learned more recently.
>> See https://bugs.gnu.org/22558 for further discussion on this issue.
>
> When I try to follow the link, I get the following:
>
>     Your connection is not secure
>
>     The owner of bugs.gnu.org has configured their website improperly.
> To protect your information from being stolen, Iceweasel has not
> connected to this website.
>
> The browser used is iceweasel 44.0 in Debian unstable.
> Clicking the "Advanced tab" gives the following:
>
>     bugs.gnu.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate
> is only valid for the following names: debbugs.gnu.org,
> www.debbugs.gnu.org (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Thanks for letting me know.  I guess we should post bug links in the
form https://debbugs.gnu.org/22558 until the certificate is updated to
include bugs.gnu.org.

     Thanks,
       Mark