On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:54:25 +0800 iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) wrote: > Andreas Enge writes: > > > On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:23:20PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote: > >> ANYWAY, it turns out gstreamer 1.7.x is an unstable release, and 1.8.x should > >> be coming out "soon". Extremely frusterating to bang my head against this for > >> so long and find out this is why. > > > > Yes, this is why I had decided against updating it in Guix, the test failures > > on non-x86 notwithstanding. I think we should wait for the stable release. > > What do you and others think? > Sure, we should use stable releases of GStreamer, and 1.6.3 is just > comming out. I'll do the update later. > > > Sorry I didn't follow the issue. What break on master due to the update > of libvpx? Since hydra is busy with core-updates, I think we can work > on a separate branch, and pick it later after core-updates merged. Against my local gstreamer- and gst-plugin-*-1.7.1 I updated libvpx to 1.5.0 and pulseaudio to 8.0 and gst-plugins-good-1.7.1 built with no issues. When I compiled gst-plugins-good-1.6.3 against libvpx-1.5.0 and pulseaudio-8.0 I got the same failure as before (which I forgot to write down), so I'm thinking this will mostly resolve itself when the gstreamer-1.8 release comes out. As a side note, I think the interaction between debian's pulseaudio and guix's pulseaudio where I have no sound from my speakers might be solved with updating guix's pulseaudio to 8.0. Now to leave sound playing for a while and see if that's the case. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted