Ludovic Courtès schreef op do 20-05-2021 om 16:58 [+0200]: > Hello Guix! > > Here’s a proposal for a soft revolution: getting rid of input labels > in package definitions. Instead of writing: [...] > > one can write: > > (native-inputs (list autoconf automake pkg-config guile-3.0)) > [...] This concept LGTM (but I haven't looked closely at the patches), but as noted on #guix, some issues with eliminating labels completely: A package definition of P may require both Q@1.0 and Q@2.0 as inputs, in which case a ‘label collision’ would be created if we generate labels package-name. More specifically, I'm thinking of packaging go-ipfs-migrations (or what's its name ...). It would be a good idea to add an (additional?) test to actually try to migrate from go-ipfs@first-version to go-ipfs@another-version. Greetings, Maxime.