Hartmut Goebel schreef op do 30-06-2022 om 10:58 [+0200]: > Hi, > > while working on refreshing to a specific version (see > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-06/msg00222.html) I > discovered that the updaters fall back to another updater. Is this intended? > > Concrete example (using refresh to a specific version): Package "xlsxio" > has no version 0.2.30. When trying to refresh to this version, the > github updater comes first and of course fails to get this version. Then > the generic-git updater is triggered and tries to get the version. > > IMHO each package should be handled by a single updater. I think that, in the absence of pre-existing knowledge which updater is the right one, trying out several until we get the ‘right’ one is reasonable. However, to avoid non-determinism, some CPU time, some I/O and messiness, I think that somehow annotating packages to write down _which_ updater applies would be reasonable (maybe with some defaults, e.g. for minetest mods, ContentDB would be considered authoritive) Anyway, this idea of ‘authoritive updaters’ as it has been raised before (I think by Liliana, in the context of the Minetest updater and generic-git), but I couldn't find the mail again. Greetings, Maxime.