Hello! On 28/01/2021 20:07, zimoun wrote: > Doing that, I am thinking of two nice features: > > 1. get the parent commits > 2. show a specific commit > > For example, > > guix git log --parents=3142daccbe # => 631e1f33 > guix git log --show=3142daccbe > > so then I can feed “guix time-machine” with 631e1f33 to have > ’python2-setuptools’ before it breaks. I am not sure to what “--show” > would do. > > WDYT? Both features seem cool. I think that '--show' could simply display the commit message, and other info such as commit author, committer, date and parents. > Hum, ’--grep’ seems missing. I do not remember, is it not working? > Even slowly? It's working but I guess I forgot to add an example :-). You could invoke, for instance ./pre-inst-env guix git log --oneline --grep="htop" or ./pre-inst-env guix git log --grep="htop" --format=medium and it should work. > but “guix system” hard code all the subcommands. So, maybe hardcoding > the “log” subcommand is the way to do; with translation in mind, I > guess. I see, but I believe it could also be possible to have the translation in mind, still using an associaton list for %sub-commands, like in the patch attached. wdyt? >> Another thing is that the command is a bit slower than 'git log' itself. >> Thoughts on how that could be improved? > I will provide more on a separate email. And review more in details the > code. :-) > > > Thanks for working on that. That’s cool! :-) Great, thank you! Magali