indieterminacy schreef op za 18-06-2022 om 13:53 [+0200]: > Additionally, based upon a decent demonstration on LMDB, I realised that > my annotation system makes it more feasible to adapt documents into LDIF > database-like-files (is that the correct terminology Maxime?) - > potentially turning each document into an LDAP ready database. If your asking me, I don't know. What's LDAP doing here? Isn't LDAP about authenticating users, which doesn't seem relevant to the documentation effort? If this is about databases: is the exact database format relevant, or would any do -- e.g., Guix uses SQLite in some places, will SQLite do? And the text above seems about databases and RDF, but there appear to be missing some things: * what's the RDF and database for? As I understand it, it's for something about documentation and terminology, but currently it's super vague. * what stuff goes in the RDF and database, and what documents are you speaking of? The Guix manual? All the package definitions, to use them as examples? The mails in the ML? Manually written things? Likewise, how is this database written or generated? * How will this RDF be used? I mean, RDF can be flexible (see e.g. Wikidata), but someone has to actually write some applications that make use of the information, otherwise the fancy RDF is useless. * How is the RDF an improvement on the TeXinfo documentation? I guess I'm missing something important here, but I prefer reading TeXinfo documentation over RDF. Greetings, Maxime.