Ludovic Courtès schreef op vr 01-04-2022 om 10:12 [+0200]: > Or we could unconditionally add 65536 subuids for each non-system user > account; that’s what other distros seem to be doing. > > I think we could take advantage of it for ‘guix system container’: it > could run in an unprivileged user namespace and map several UIDs in that > namespace, such that it doesn’t need to run as root anymore. I think it will need to be conditional, because the container only has access to 65536 uids. So if the container contains at least one non- system user, then all available uids are occupied so there is no room anymore for 'root' or per-service users ... Greetings, Maxime.