Felix Lechner schreef op vr 17-06-2022 om 13:11 [-0700]: > > If you are already in California, [...], but if you don't and > > simply > > Apple needs to appeal to international > > law enforcement or your country in particular, whichever is easier. > > I generally think of license violations as civil matters. With some > small exceptions, law enforcement focuses on criminal cases. I thought that copyright violations were a criminal matter in the US, but after some cursory searching, it appears to be more complicated. Apparently there's both a civil part and a criminal part, where apparently the criminal part is for some cases of willful copyright infringement. > As a resident of Northern California, I personally like the local > legal environment. You would have to talk to a lawyer to see if the > Ninth Circuit (copyright claims are Federal) would honor the clause > about ignoring the UN Convention after considering the relative > strength of the parties, as a matter of sound public policy. I don't know California but sounds nice. Also I guess I'd need to do the same to see if $local_country would do such a thing too. > Perhaps the weighing of those factors played a role in why Apple's > attempt to stipulate a venue did not render the license unfree. Maybe, yes, I dunno. Greetings, Maxime.