On November 15, 2020, raingloom wrote: > Alpine already achieves an incredibly tiny install size by splitting > packages into many outputs. We could and should do the same. > As far as I know, they do not have parameterized packages. I definitely support more package-splitting and dependency tree-shaking where possible. Getting a core Guix System down to Alpine size would be fantastic. For example, `docker size python` shows a 171.4mb bundle size just for Python alone, while `docker images python:alpine` shows a 44.3mb system image, which includes a bunch of system stuff in addition to Python. It would be great to have tools to understand what's in our big Guix packages and how we could ship light bundles that get the job done.