I forgot to give you a link to the presentation. It's in French: https://replay.jres.org/videos/watch/c77b3a44-b75f-4c10-9f39-8fb55ae096d7 Also, Marc talked about jdev, another French conference where we could present Guix too: http://devlog.cnrs.fr/jdev2020 Le 5 décembre 2019 15:16:23 GMT+01:00, Julien Lepiller a écrit : >Hi Guix! > >I presented the project at JRES yesterday and had lots of questions and >reactions. > >One person was wondering whether Guix would be a good idea for there >cluster. I said yes then I redirected them to guix hpc. > >Another wanted to have some kind of doi for guix describe + manifest (a >better UI and easier thing to cite in a paper I suppose). > >Another was asking about the possibility ofusing Guix to have multiple >kernels and boot a debian with guix's kernel (so as to choose a >compatible kernel at boot iiuc). > >The person I talked to at lunch was a bit skeptical about Guix. They >have it and Nix, with module on their cluster. They told me they were >more concerned about replicability than reproducibility. Also, their >users are lost between the options, they have trouble getting help on >guix from their admins and they end up using conda, yet another tool >^^". > >That's only a few conversations that really marked me, but I had more, >and I'll hopefully have more this afternoon and tomorrow. > >Marc, who organised the guile and guix days in Strasbourg last summer >is here too and said he will write a tutorial on using vin to program >in scheme. I'm lookinq forward to reading it! -- Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma brièveté.