Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op do 31-03-2022 om 21:07 [+0200]: > Hi Maxime, > > similar discussions have been had in the past, but thanks for raising > them again.  As far as I'm aware, the "consensus" – if it can be called > such – is that due to Rust packages often being a giant nothing burger > both in terms of what they actually do and in what can be used for > subsequent builds, but still generating a lot of hot air literally when > evaluated on CI, we ought to skip the build in intermediate packages. I was not aware that it has been discussed in the past ,thanks. > There are a few counter-proposals.  One suggestion that has been > raised, but not yet implemented, would be to make it so that build > results can actually be reused.  This is the most promising > conceptually, but from what I can gather from those working on it might > not be that easy to pull off. Yes, that would be nice. Are there already some concrete patches that can be tested? I know there are some (ideas for?) patches to move development-inputs->native-inputs but I don't think I've seen any patches for actually reusing build results yet ... Greetings, Maxime