On November 11, 2020, Jan Wielkiewicz wrote: > [web browsers are] a really poorly designed copy of > operating systems and its utilities. > > [...] > > I just don't understand why in the web browser. > I'll try it. The web browser is the primary operating environment for a lot of people. Just as Emacs users built web browsers, terminal emulators, and mail clients on the Emacs platform, the web platform also has all those things (including various elaborate in-browser code editors.) So I understand this as having the exact same genesis as the Guix interface in Emacs: people would like to manage their operating system using the interface they spend most of their time in, and for Nyxt power users that would be their browser. I'm not at all interested in managing my Guix packages using Nyxt, which is highly correlated to my not being a Nyxt power user.