On Sat, 2021-03-06 at 21:35 +0000, Christopher Baines wrote: In general I think binary translation is very wasteful use of computing resources. At least use something like this: http://csl.iis.sinica.edu.tw/hqemu/ - otherwise I think building natively is at the end less costly. > I'd like the Guix Build Coordinator agents to be able to report the > configuration of the machine at the time builds happen, so maybe once > that's a feature, and QEMU support can be detected, then it'll be > possible to look for cases where a change in QEMU support affects the > build result. What about including such metadata in Nars directly? Kernel name and version string, system/target, processor model.. or is that too privacy-invasive..? Maybe make such opt-in. Léo