On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 12:17 +0100, Jonathan Brielmaier wrote: > I think the only two reasons against that are: time and > CI/rebuilding. I > think thats the reason why stuff like Gnome and others lower in the > dependency tree are lacking behind... Being non-FHS and non-systemd > makes updates for those stuff not easier and is maybe the third > reason/root issue... I agree with all 3 points. I have hope however that we can develop better tooling over time to ease the burden on us so we can devote more time to tasks that actually absolutely **require** our human oversight to be done. And then even without an increase in the contributor base we can avoid lagging behind on these updates.