On 26-07-2022 20:48, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > 4. Convince Zig maintainers to perhaps maybe not join the ranks of Rust > et al. and produce reusable shared libraries? I'd like to clarify that Rust supports shared libraries (*) just fine, it's Cargo that insists on source code. Looking at , it might be similar with Zig, as that page is about 'the Zig caching system' and mentions Zir code, ABIs and objects. (*) or, at least, rustc's version of static libraries, I haven't tested out shared libraries yet except for the first failed attempt; there might be problems with monomorphisation and macros or somehing. Some libraries, e.g. recent versions of rust-nom, also are written in such a way that appears to require LTO optimisation to be efficient, which appears to be non-trivial to be compatible with shared libraries without extra disk space. Greetings, Maxime.