unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* bug#48756: guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from #<closed: file 7f68866bf770>
@ 2021-05-30 23:15 Madhavan Krishnan
  2021-06-14 13:23 ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Madhavan Krishnan @ 2021-05-30 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 48756


Hi there, I am trying to follow this instruction [[info:guix#Daemon
Offload Setup][guix#Daemon Offload Setup]] with guix
6086e6ed1a038793e358becddded50d97593f691 on the host and build machine
to set up a offload build machine, and I end up with the error below.

~ $ guix offload test
guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
guix offload: Guix is usable on 'build-machine' (test returned "/gnu/store/883yjkl46dxw9mzykykmbs0yzwyxm17z-test")
guix offload: 'build-machine' is running GNU Guile 3.0.5
guix offload: sending 1 store item (0 MiB) to 'build-machine'...
exporting path `/gnu/store/hqisv30c33ka8xascqh2x0lyqd0bp6z4-export-test'
guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from
#<closed: file 7f68866bf770>

Side note I tried testing if I could export manually to said build-machine,
which worked with out any problems.

~ $ guix archive --export -r emacs | ssh build-machine guix archive --import

and same goes for =guix offload status= which work fine as well.

Regards
-- 
Madhavan Krishnan




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* bug#48756: guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from #<closed: file 7f68866bf770>
  2021-05-30 23:15 bug#48756: guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from #<closed: file 7f68866bf770> Madhavan Krishnan
@ 2021-06-14 13:23 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2021-06-14 13:33   ` Madhavan Krishnan
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-06-14 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Madhavan Krishnan; +Cc: 48756

Hi Madhavan,

Madhavan Krishnan <krishnanmadhavan000@gmail.com> skribis:

> Hi there, I am trying to follow this instruction [[info:guix#Daemon
> Offload Setup][guix#Daemon Offload Setup]] with guix
> 6086e6ed1a038793e358becddded50d97593f691 on the host and build machine
> to set up a offload build machine, and I end up with the error below.
>
> ~ $ guix offload test
> guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
> guix offload: Guix is usable on 'build-machine' (test returned "/gnu/store/883yjkl46dxw9mzykykmbs0yzwyxm17z-test")
> guix offload: 'build-machine' is running GNU Guile 3.0.5
> guix offload: sending 1 store item (0 MiB) to 'build-machine'...
> exporting path `/gnu/store/hqisv30c33ka8xascqh2x0lyqd0bp6z4-export-test'
> guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from
> #<closed: file 7f68866bf770>

Does /etc/guix/signing-key.{pub,sec} exist on both machines?

You can generate it with ‘guix archive’ (info "(guix) Invoking guix
archive").

HTH,
Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* bug#48756: guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from #<closed: file 7f68866bf770>
  2021-06-14 13:23 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2021-06-14 13:33   ` Madhavan Krishnan
  2021-06-15  9:24     ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Madhavan Krishnan @ 2021-06-14 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 48756


Hello Ludo,

> Does /etc/guix/signing-key.{pub,sec} exist on both machines?

> You can generate it with ‘guix archive’ (info "(guix) Invoking guix
> archive").

Yes, the files are generated by

   #+begin_example
sudo guix archieve --generate-key
   #+end_example
   
  /etc/guix/signing-key.pub
  /etc/guix/signing-key.sec

and send the =signing-key.pub= to the build machine.

#+begin_src shell
sudo guix archieve --authorize< master/build.txt
#+end_src

both ways master <-> build

Kindly let me know If am I missing something here obvious?

Thanks
-- 
Madhavan Krishnan

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* bug#48756: guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from #<closed: file 7f68866bf770>
  2021-06-14 13:33   ` Madhavan Krishnan
@ 2021-06-15  9:24     ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-06-15  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Madhavan Krishnan; +Cc: 48756

Hi,

Madhavan Krishnan <krishnanmadhavan000@gmail.com> skribis:

>> Does /etc/guix/signing-key.{pub,sec} exist on both machines?
>
>> You can generate it with ‘guix archive’ (info "(guix) Invoking guix
>> archive").
>
> Yes, the files are generated by
>
>    #+begin_example
> sudo guix archieve --generate-key
>    #+end_example
>
>    
>   /etc/guix/signing-key.pub
>   /etc/guix/signing-key.sec
>
> and send the =signing-key.pub= to the build machine.
>
> #+begin_src shell
> sudo guix archieve --authorize< master/build.txt
> #+end_src
>
> both ways master <-> build

OK, so /etc/guix/acl exists on both machines, right?

Could you attach strace to sshd on the build machine:

  sudo strace -p $(pidof sshd) -f -o /tmp/sshd.log -s 500

and then run this on the head machine:

  sudo guix offload test

?

Looking at /tmp/sshd.log starting from the end might reveal an error
that occurs on the build machine.

You can share (part of) /tmp/sshd.log with me, but note that it may
contain sensitive material such as SSH secret keys or passwords.

Thanks,
Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-06-15  9:26 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-05-30 23:15 bug#48756: guix offload: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from #<closed: file 7f68866bf770> Madhavan Krishnan
2021-06-14 13:23 ` Ludovic Courtès
2021-06-14 13:33   ` Madhavan Krishnan
2021-06-15  9:24     ` Ludovic Courtès

unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs/0 guix-bugs/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 guix-bugs guix-bugs/ https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs \
		bug-guix@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index guix-bugs

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.gnu.guix.bugs
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.bugs


AGPL code for this site: git clone http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/public-inbox.git