unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* bug#50978: "guix home describe" backtraces if "guix home" hasn't been used
@ 2021-10-02 19:51 Maxime Devos
  2021-10-02 20:48 ` Xinglu Chen
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Maxime Devos @ 2021-10-02 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 50978

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 750 bytes --]

Hi,

When running "guix home describe" before "guix home import"
and before "guix build":

$ guix home  describe
Backtrace:
           7 (primitive-load "/home/[...]/.config/guix/current/b…")
In guix/ui.scm:
   2185:7  6 (run-guix . _)
  2148:10  5 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/status.scm:
    820:3  3 (_)
    800:4  2 (call-with-status-report _ _)
In guix/scripts/home.scm:
    263:8  1 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
no home environment generation, nothing to describe~%

I don't think a backtrace is needed here.

Greetings,
Maxime

[-- Attachment #2: This is a digitally signed message part --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 260 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* bug#50978: "guix home describe" backtraces if "guix home" hasn't been used
  2021-10-02 19:51 bug#50978: "guix home describe" backtraces if "guix home" hasn't been used Maxime Devos
@ 2021-10-02 20:48 ` Xinglu Chen
  2022-01-11 10:37   ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Xinglu Chen @ 2021-10-02 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Devos, 50978

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1624 bytes --]

On Sat, Oct 02 2021, Maxime Devos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When running "guix home describe" before "guix home import"
> and before "guix build":
>
> $ guix home  describe
> Backtrace:
>            7 (primitive-load "/home/[...]/.config/guix/current/b…")
> In guix/ui.scm:
>    2185:7  6 (run-guix . _)
>   2148:10  5 (run-guix-command _ . _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1752:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
> In guix/status.scm:
>     820:3  3 (_)
>     800:4  2 (call-with-status-report _ _)
> In guix/scripts/home.scm:
>     263:8  1 (_)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> no home environment generation, nothing to describe~%
>
> I don't think a backtrace is needed here.

This seems to be the case for ‘guix system describe’ too

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix system describe
Backtrace:
           7 (primitive-load "/home/yoctocell/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
In guix/ui.scm:
   2185:7  6 (run-guix . _)
  2148:10  5 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
In guix/status.scm:
    820:3  3 (_)
    800:4  2 (call-with-status-report _ _)
In guix/scripts/system.scm:
   1310:8  1 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
no system generation, nothing to describe~%
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---


[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 861 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* bug#50978: "guix home describe" backtraces if "guix home" hasn't been used
  2021-10-02 20:48 ` Xinglu Chen
@ 2022-01-11 10:37   ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-01-11 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xinglu Chen; +Cc: 50978-done

Hi,

Xinglu Chen <public@yoctocell.xyz> skribis:

> On Sat, Oct 02 2021, Maxime Devos wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When running "guix home describe" before "guix home import"
>> and before "guix build":
>>
>> $ guix home  describe
>> Backtrace:
>>            7 (primitive-load "/home/[...]/.config/guix/current/b…")
>> In guix/ui.scm:
>>    2185:7  6 (run-guix . _)
>>   2148:10  5 (run-guix-command _ . _)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1752:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
>> In guix/status.scm:
>>     820:3  3 (_)
>>     800:4  2 (call-with-status-report _ _)
>> In guix/scripts/home.scm:
>>     263:8  1 (_)
>> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>>
>> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
>> no home environment generation, nothing to describe~%
>>
>> I don't think a backtrace is needed here.
>
> This seems to be the case for ‘guix system describe’ too
>
> $ guix system describe
> Backtrace:
>            7 (primitive-load "/home/yoctocell/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
> In guix/ui.scm:
>    2185:7  6 (run-guix . _)
>   2148:10  5 (run-guix-command _ . _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1752:10  4 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ #:unwind-for-type _)
> In guix/status.scm:
>     820:3  3 (_)
>     800:4  2 (call-with-status-report _ _)
> In guix/scripts/system.scm:
>    1310:8  1 (_)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> no system generation, nothing to describe~%

Fixed in a9268216e4f38189d7948cf2ecb51ad2eac7e586, thanks!

Ludo'.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-01-11 10:39 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-10-02 19:51 bug#50978: "guix home describe" backtraces if "guix home" hasn't been used Maxime Devos
2021-10-02 20:48 ` Xinglu Chen
2022-01-11 10:37   ` Ludovic Courtès

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).