unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* bug#38074: guix pull fails
@ 2019-11-05 22:45 Nathan Dehnel
  2019-11-06  6:38 ` Julien Lepiller
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Nathan Dehnel @ 2019-11-05 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 38074

@ build-started
/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv
- x86_64-linux /var/log/guix/drvs/pg//np1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv.bz2
3463
@ build-log 3463 41
guile: warning: failed to install locale
@ build-log 3463 155
svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
svn: warning: environment variable LANG is en_US.utf8
svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
\@ build-log 3463 213
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2018.2/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex'
svn: E670003: Unknown hostname 'www.tug.org'
@ build-log 3463 794
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/17dnq758pfjr9b7n7q4zb1ax0vv?")
In guix/build/svn.scm:
     38:2  1 (svn-fetch _ _ _ #:svn-command _ #:user-name _ # _)
In guix/build/utils.scm:
    652:6  0 (invoke _ . _)

guix/build/utils.scm:652:6: In procedure invoke:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program:
"/gnu/store/8pdgwb387k9bps4nvgjkr11qdy60mjig-subversion-1.10.6/bin/svn"
arguments: ("export" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r"
"49435" "svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2018.2/Master/texmf-dist///tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex"
"/gnu/store/mj0lxdax5794g1411c0s52rbq598plzj-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout//tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex")
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 7ffff6022f80>)'.
builder for `/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv'
failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv
- 1 builder for
`/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv'
failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/2p1p306nybib9yanz3ddmxwmvys5xh5f-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
@ build-started
/gnu/store/zi0pd1zxp0fjbsh8jb5bvmc7rhx2rqzw-texlive-hyphen-piedmontese-49435-checkout.drv
- x86_64-linux /var/log/guix/drvs/zi//0pd1zxp0fjbsh8jb5bvmc7rhx2rqzw-texlive-hyphen-piedmontese-49435-checkout.drv.bz2
3568
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/ydzp5yb4r13adahy1k61xl42lmj68wvk-po4a-0.57.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
Backtrace:
In ./guix/monads.scm:
    482:9 19 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   590:13 18 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   1692:8 17 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    859:2 16 (_ _)
    720:2 15 (_ _)
In ./guix/monads.scm:
    482:9 14 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   590:13 13 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   1692:8 12 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    859:2 11 (_ _)
    720:2 10 (_ _)
In ./guix/monads.scm:
    482:9  9 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   590:13  8 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   1692:8  7 (_ _)
   1692:8  6 (_ _)
  1727:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   948:16  4 (cache! #<weak-table 435/883> #<package po4a@0.57 6c2f?> ?)
In ./guix/grafts.scm:
    323:4  3 (graft-derivation #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> # # ?)
    172:4  2 (references-oracle #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> #)
   182:20  1 (_ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  1215:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> _ _)

./guix/store.scm:1215:15: Throw to key `srfi-34' with args
`(#<condition &store-protocol-error [message: "build of
`/gnu/store/ydzp5yb4r13adahy1k61xl42lmj68wvk-po4a-0.57.drv' failed"
status: 1] 6f21b10>)'.
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/dymk3j29lij5nc7ksgwb5rxj1haz3gzp-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"c4de60ac3c6aa5b46519011af89988215c347e9e"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: ""; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <bug-guix@gnu.org>.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* bug#38074: guix pull fails
  2019-11-05 22:45 bug#38074: guix pull fails Nathan Dehnel
@ 2019-11-06  6:38 ` Julien Lepiller
       [not found]   ` <CAEEhgEtquKST1Rk69V8sZFiR_BrOT+bu4Kky5n-NM6um=0REqA@mail.gmail.com>
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2019-11-06  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Dehnel, 38074

Le 5 novembre 2019 23:45:33 GMT+01:00, Nathan Dehnel <ncdehnel@gmail.com> a écrit :
>@ build-started
>/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv
>- x86_64-linux
>/var/log/guix/drvs/pg//np1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv.bz2
>3463
>@ build-log 3463 41
>guile: warning: failed to install locale
>@ build-log 3463 155
>svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
>svn: warning: environment variable LANG is en_US.utf8
>svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
>\@ build-log 3463 213
>svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>'svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2018.2/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex'
>svn: E670003: Unknown hostname 'www.tug.org'
>@ build-log 3463 794
>Backtrace:
>           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/17dnq758pfjr9b7n7q4zb1ax0vv?")
>In guix/build/svn.scm:
>     38:2  1 (svn-fetch _ _ _ #:svn-command _ #:user-name _ # _)
>In guix/build/utils.scm:
>    652:6  0 (invoke _ . _)
>
>guix/build/utils.scm:652:6: In procedure invoke:
>Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program:
>"/gnu/store/8pdgwb387k9bps4nvgjkr11qdy60mjig-subversion-1.10.6/bin/svn"
>arguments: ("export" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r"
>"49435"
>"svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2018.2/Master/texmf-dist///tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex"
>"/gnu/store/mj0lxdax5794g1411c0s52rbq598plzj-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout//tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex")
>exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 7ffff6022f80>)'.
>builder for
>`/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv'
>failed with exit code 1
>@ build-failed
>/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv
>- 1 builder for
>`/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv'
>failed with exit code 1
>cannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/2p1p306nybib9yanz3ddmxwmvys5xh5f-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435.drv':
>1 dependencies couldn't be built
>@ build-started
>/gnu/store/zi0pd1zxp0fjbsh8jb5bvmc7rhx2rqzw-texlive-hyphen-piedmontese-49435-checkout.drv
>- x86_64-linux
>/var/log/guix/drvs/zi//0pd1zxp0fjbsh8jb5bvmc7rhx2rqzw-texlive-hyphen-piedmontese-49435-checkout.drv.bz2
>3568
>cannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/ydzp5yb4r13adahy1k61xl42lmj68wvk-po4a-0.57.drv': 1
>dependencies couldn't be built
>Backtrace:
>In ./guix/monads.scm:
>    482:9 19 (_ _)
>In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>   590:13 18 (_ _)
>In ./guix/store.scm:
>   1692:8 17 (_ _)
>In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>    859:2 16 (_ _)
>    720:2 15 (_ _)
>In ./guix/monads.scm:
>    482:9 14 (_ _)
>In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>   590:13 13 (_ _)
>In ./guix/store.scm:
>   1692:8 12 (_ _)
>In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>    859:2 11 (_ _)
>    720:2 10 (_ _)
>In ./guix/monads.scm:
>    482:9  9 (_ _)
>In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>   590:13  8 (_ _)
>In ./guix/store.scm:
>   1692:8  7 (_ _)
>   1692:8  6 (_ _)
>  1727:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80>)
>In ./guix/packages.scm:
>  948:16  4 (cache! #<weak-table 435/883> #<package po4a@0.57 6c2f?> ?)
>In ./guix/grafts.scm:
>   323:4  3 (graft-derivation #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> # # ?)
>    172:4  2 (references-oracle #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> #)
>   182:20  1 (_ _ _)
>In ./guix/store.scm:
>  1215:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> _ _)
>
>./guix/store.scm:1215:15: Throw to key `srfi-34' with args
>`(#<condition &store-protocol-error [message: "build of
>`/gnu/store/ydzp5yb4r13adahy1k61xl42lmj68wvk-po4a-0.57.drv' failed"
>status: 1] 6f21b10>)'.
>guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
>'/gnu/store/dymk3j29lij5nc7ksgwb5rxj1haz3gzp-compute-guix-derivation'
>failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
>"c4de60ac3c6aa5b46519011af89988215c347e9e"; system: "x86_64-linux";
>host version: ""; pull-version: 1).
>Please report it by email to <bug-guix@gnu.org>.

Thanks for reporting! Looks like the issue is "svn: E670003: Unknown hostname 'www.tug.org'". However, I can resolve that hostname. Can you resolve it outside of guix pull (eg. in a browser)?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* bug#38074: guix pull fails
       [not found]   ` <CAEEhgEtquKST1Rk69V8sZFiR_BrOT+bu4Kky5n-NM6um=0REqA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-11-06 17:18     ` Julien Lepiller
  2020-10-09  1:48       ` Maxim Cournoyer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2019-11-06 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Dehnel, 38074

Le 6 novembre 2019 17:34:01 GMT+01:00, Nathan Dehnel <ncdehnel@gmail.com> a écrit :
>yes
>
>On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 12:38 AM Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
>wrote:
>>
>> Le 5 novembre 2019 23:45:33 GMT+01:00, Nathan Dehnel
><ncdehnel@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> >@ build-started
>>
>>/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv
>> >- x86_64-linux
>>
>>/var/log/guix/drvs/pg//np1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv.bz2
>> >3463
>> >@ build-log 3463 41
>> >guile: warning: failed to install locale
>> >@ build-log 3463 155
>> >svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
>> >svn: warning: environment variable LANG is en_US.utf8
>> >svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
>> >\@ build-log 3463 213
>> >svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>>
>>'svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2018.2/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex'
>> >svn: E670003: Unknown hostname 'www.tug.org'
>> >@ build-log 3463 794
>> >Backtrace:
>> >           2 (primitive-load
>"/gnu/store/17dnq758pfjr9b7n7q4zb1ax0vv?")
>> >In guix/build/svn.scm:
>> >     38:2  1 (svn-fetch _ _ _ #:svn-command _ #:user-name _ # _)
>> >In guix/build/utils.scm:
>> >    652:6  0 (invoke _ . _)
>> >
>> >guix/build/utils.scm:652:6: In procedure invoke:
>> >Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error
>[program:
>>
>>"/gnu/store/8pdgwb387k9bps4nvgjkr11qdy60mjig-subversion-1.10.6/bin/svn"
>> >arguments: ("export" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r"
>> >"49435"
>>
>>"svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2018.2/Master/texmf-dist///tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex"
>>
>>"/gnu/store/mj0lxdax5794g1411c0s52rbq598plzj-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout//tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex")
>> >exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 7ffff6022f80>)'.
>> >builder for
>>
>>`/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv'
>> >failed with exit code 1
>> >@ build-failed
>>
>>/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv
>> >- 1 builder for
>>
>>`/gnu/store/pgnp1cmz4f7494i1wm2gz2hsi05k1pwf-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435-checkout.drv'
>> >failed with exit code 1
>> >cannot build derivation
>>
>>`/gnu/store/2p1p306nybib9yanz3ddmxwmvys5xh5f-texlive-hyphen-occitan-49435.drv':
>> >1 dependencies couldn't be built
>> >@ build-started
>>
>>/gnu/store/zi0pd1zxp0fjbsh8jb5bvmc7rhx2rqzw-texlive-hyphen-piedmontese-49435-checkout.drv
>> >- x86_64-linux
>>
>>/var/log/guix/drvs/zi//0pd1zxp0fjbsh8jb5bvmc7rhx2rqzw-texlive-hyphen-piedmontese-49435-checkout.drv.bz2
>> >3568
>> >cannot build derivation
>> >`/gnu/store/ydzp5yb4r13adahy1k61xl42lmj68wvk-po4a-0.57.drv': 1
>> >dependencies couldn't be built
>> >Backtrace:
>> >In ./guix/monads.scm:
>> >    482:9 19 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>> >   590:13 18 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/store.scm:
>> >   1692:8 17 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>> >    859:2 16 (_ _)
>> >    720:2 15 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/monads.scm:
>> >    482:9 14 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>> >   590:13 13 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/store.scm:
>> >   1692:8 12 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>> >    859:2 11 (_ _)
>> >    720:2 10 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/monads.scm:
>> >    482:9  9 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>> >   590:13  8 (_ _)
>> >In ./guix/store.scm:
>> >   1692:8  7 (_ _)
>> >   1692:8  6 (_ _)
>> >  1727:38  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80>)
>> >In ./guix/packages.scm:
>> >  948:16  4 (cache! #<weak-table 435/883> #<package po4a@0.57 6c2f?>
>?)
>> >In ./guix/grafts.scm:
>> >   323:4  3 (graft-derivation #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> # #
>?)
>> >    172:4  2 (references-oracle #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80>
>#)
>> >   182:20  1 (_ _ _)
>> >In ./guix/store.scm:
>> >  1215:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 914ca80> _ _)
>> >
>> >./guix/store.scm:1215:15: Throw to key `srfi-34' with args
>> >`(#<condition &store-protocol-error [message: "build of
>> >`/gnu/store/ydzp5yb4r13adahy1k61xl42lmj68wvk-po4a-0.57.drv' failed"
>> >status: 1] 6f21b10>)'.
>> >guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
>>
>>'/gnu/store/dymk3j29lij5nc7ksgwb5rxj1haz3gzp-compute-guix-derivation'
>> >failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
>> >"c4de60ac3c6aa5b46519011af89988215c347e9e"; system: "x86_64-linux";
>> >host version: ""; pull-version: 1).
>> >Please report it by email to <bug-guix@gnu.org>.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting! Looks like the issue is "svn: E670003: Unknown
>hostname 'www.tug.org'". However, I can resolve that hostname. Can you
>resolve it outside of guix pull (eg. in a browser)?

Could you try again? Hopefully it was just a transient failure.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* bug#38074: guix pull fails
  2019-11-06 17:18     ` Julien Lepiller
@ 2020-10-09  1:48       ` Maxim Cournoyer
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2020-10-09  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: Nathan Dehnel, 38074-done

Hi,

Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> writes:

[...]

>>> Thanks for reporting! Looks like the issue is "svn: E670003: Unknown
>>hostname 'www.tug.org'". However, I can resolve that hostname. Can you
>>resolve it outside of guix pull (eg. in a browser)?
>
> Could you try again? Hopefully it was just a transient failure.

This indeed look like a transient failure.  I cannot reproduce it:

$ guix build texlive-hyphen-occitan --no-substitutes --check --no-grafts -S
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/nkjy6j4ak8im289h3kap4q7nryvl5f2f-texlive-hyphen-occitan-51265-checkout.drv
   /gnu/store/2dqz5lw4wnbna6q1xpgfjg3rh9arpv59-module-import-compiled.drv
building /gnu/store/2dqz5lw4wnbna6q1xpgfjg3rh9arpv59-module-import-compiled.drv...
[ 1/ 4] Loading './guix/build/svn.scm'...
[ 2/ 4] Loading './guix/build/utils.scm'...
[ 3/ 4] Compiling './guix/build/svn.scm'...
[ 4/ 4] Compiling './guix/build/utils.scm'...
successfully built /gnu/store/2dqz5lw4wnbna6q1xpgfjg3rh9arpv59-module-import-compiled.drv
building /gnu/store/nkjy6j4ak8im289h3kap4q7nryvl5f2f-texlive-hyphen-occitan-51265-checkout.drv...
guile: warning: failed to install locale
svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
svn: warning: environment variable LANG is en_US.utf8
svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
A    /gnu/store/pz2yjjja32iw6b78kzzlrh5cdzrnyb91-texlive-hyphen-occitan-51265-checkout/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-oc.tex
Export complete.
successfully built /gnu/store/nkjy6j4ak8im289h3kap4q7nryvl5f2f-texlive-hyphen-occitan-51265-checkout.drv
/gnu/store/pz2yjjja32iw6b78kzzlrh5cdzrnyb91-texlive-hyphen-occitan-51265-checkout

Closing.

Thanks,

Maxim




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-10-09  1:49 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-11-05 22:45 bug#38074: guix pull fails Nathan Dehnel
2019-11-06  6:38 ` Julien Lepiller
     [not found]   ` <CAEEhgEtquKST1Rk69V8sZFiR_BrOT+bu4Kky5n-NM6um=0REqA@mail.gmail.com>
2019-11-06 17:18     ` Julien Lepiller
2020-10-09  1:48       ` Maxim Cournoyer

unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs/0 guix-bugs/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 guix-bugs guix-bugs/ https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs \
		bug-guix@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index guix-bugs

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.gnu.guix.bugs
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.bugs


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git