unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
@ 2018-11-16  0:37 Reed Campbell Meyerson
  2018-11-16 21:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2020-12-18 23:47 ` zimoun
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Reed Campbell Meyerson @ 2018-11-16  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 33404


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 411 bytes --]

Hello,

I am experiencing some strange behavior when upgrading packages. After a
substitution fails, the upgrade will fail at the same point every time
until I upgrade that point on its own, and then it will proceed until it
potentially fails at a different point.

I have attached a screenshot of the output. This was while trying to
upgrade qutebrowser, but it happened before when upgrading GHC.

Best,
Reed

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 530 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: 2018-11-15-163434_1366x768_scrot.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 273467 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
  2018-11-16  0:37 bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade" Reed Campbell Meyerson
@ 2018-11-16 21:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2018-11-17 23:53   ` Reed Campbell Meyerson
  2020-12-18 23:47 ` zimoun
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-11-16 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reed Campbell Meyerson; +Cc: 33404

Hello,

Reed Campbell Meyerson <reedmeye@uw.edu> skribis:

> I am experiencing some strange behavior when upgrading packages. After a
> substitution fails, the upgrade will fail at the same point every time
> until I upgrade that point on its own, and then it will proceed until it
> potentially fails at a different point.
>
> I have attached a screenshot of the output. This was while trying to
> upgrade qutebrowser, but it happened before when upgrading GHC.

Which substitute server(s) are you using?

It could be that the substitute Guix was trying to fetch was temporarily
unavailable from the server and eventually came back—hydra.gnu.org has
been under maintenance a week ago as you might have seen.

Thanks for reporting the issue,
Ludo’.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
  2018-11-16 21:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2018-11-17 23:53   ` Reed Campbell Meyerson
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Reed Campbell Meyerson @ 2018-11-17 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 978 bytes --]

I'm not quite sure how to check, but I don't think I added anything that
wasn't default.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 9:23 PM Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Reed Campbell Meyerson <reedmeye@uw.edu> skribis:
>
> > I am experiencing some strange behavior when upgrading packages. After a
> > substitution fails, the upgrade will fail at the same point every time
> > until I upgrade that point on its own, and then it will proceed until it
> > potentially fails at a different point.
> >
> > I have attached a screenshot of the output. This was while trying to
> > upgrade qutebrowser, but it happened before when upgrading GHC.
>
> Which substitute server(s) are you using?
>
> It could be that the substitute Guix was trying to fetch was temporarily
> unavailable from the server and eventually came back—hydra.gnu.org has
> been under maintenance a week ago as you might have seen.
>
> Thanks for reporting the issue,
> Ludo’.
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1420 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
  2018-11-16  0:37 bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade" Reed Campbell Meyerson
  2018-11-16 21:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2020-12-18 23:47 ` zimoun
  2021-01-11 15:31   ` zimoun
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: zimoun @ 2020-12-18 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reed Campbell Meyerson; +Cc: 33404

Hi,

Thank you for the report of the bug33404.

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/33404>

It appears it was a transient issue.  And since it is old (~2years),
then I am in favor to close it if no moreinfo is provided.

All the best,
simon




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
  2020-12-18 23:47 ` zimoun
@ 2021-01-11 15:31   ` zimoun
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: zimoun @ 2021-01-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reed Campbell Meyerson; +Cc: 33404-done

Hi,

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 00:47, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears it was a transient issue.  And since it is old (~2years),
> then I am in favor to close it if no moreinfo is provided.

After the usual 3 weeks, since it requires moreinfo and seems transient,
I am closing.  Feel free to reopen if I am missing something.


All the best,
simon




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-01-11 15:40 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-11-16  0:37 bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade" Reed Campbell Meyerson
2018-11-16 21:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
2018-11-17 23:53   ` Reed Campbell Meyerson
2020-12-18 23:47 ` zimoun
2021-01-11 15:31   ` zimoun

unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs/0 guix-bugs/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 guix-bugs guix-bugs/ https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs \
		bug-guix@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index guix-bugs

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.gnu.guix.bugs
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.bugs


AGPL code for this site: git clone http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/public-inbox.git