unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* 1.4.x anonymous cvs available
@ 2002-09-28 23:27 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-09-28 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

folks,

for anyone interested in anonymous cvs access to 1.4.x hacking, the
following commands should get you set up:

  CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous@cvs.glug.org:/home/ttn/cvsroot'
  export CVSROOT
  cvs login		# just type RET here
  cvs co hack
  cd hack
  ( cd scripts ; make gscripts="../guile-core/scripts" gscripts-symlinks )
  cd guile-core
  sh -x autogen.sh
  mkdir ../guile-core.b
  cd ../guile-core.b
  ../guile-core/configure --prefix /tmp/a/b/c --without-readline
  make && make check
  make install && make installcheck
  strace -e open /tmp/a/b/c/bin/guile -c '(quit)'

the repo is updated hourly, at this time.  yeah, i know: i should have
looked into using arch, but my ISP admin is sort of old-school and i
didn't want him to freak out (just yet ;-).  if anoncvs works we will
find a way to use arch in the future.

thi