Ludovic Courtès writes: > Besides what Maxime points out, some more superficial issues: > > • In documentation, please refer to the relevant glibc section instead > of “See man page” (info "(libc) Memory-mapped I/O"). > > • Please update doc/ref with a section on memory-mapped I/O. > > • Make sure to follow the GNU coding in C: space before opening paren, > braces on a line of their own, etc. I have been meaning to try to build this under NetBSD, to check portability. I think the mmap code should by default rely only on what POSIX guarantees: https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/mmap.html As for referring to glibc, that reference only resolves on GNU/Linux systems, whereas any POSIX system ought to have an mmap man page, so it would be nice not to drop the man page ref, esp. as it grounds the implementation as being about the POSIX interface.