ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hi! > > Andy Wingo writes: > >> We should probably have some kind of policy regarding licenses. Here are >> some options that I can think of: > > I'd say leave PD code PD, and move GPLv2+ files to GPLv3+, with clear > license headers. (My understanding is that there are currently only PD > and GPLv2+ files, right?) Top-level `COPYING' can be that of GPLv3+. > > Thank you for taking care of this! I was going to say LGPL, but I think a mix of PD and GPLv3+ is fine. I see the point of full GPL, but also think that it's good to respect the earlier intent of those who place things in PD or MIT-style license. It's not like there will be a horde of companies selling closed-source derivative copies of guile-lib with extra features...