unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Help with imports
@ 2024-05-18 16:07 Adam McCartney
From: Adam McCartney @ 2024-05-18 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice on where I'm going wrong with
the following?

I'm defining a module:

```
amccartn@mc ~/dotfiles  (debug/home-services *)
> rg "define-module" admccartney/home-services/shell.scm
3:(define-module (admccartney home-services shell)
```

And then failing to import it elsewhere, despite having added the directory
to the guile load path.

```
amccartn@mc ~/dotfiles  (debug/home-services *)
> tree -a ~/dotfiles/admccartney/home-services/
/home/amccartn/dotfiles/admccartney/home-services/
├── desktop.scm
└── shell.scm

1 directory, 2 files
amccartn@mc ~/dotfiles  (debug/home-services *)
> GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$GUILE_LOAD_PATH:$HOME/dotfiles/ guile
GNU Guile 3.0.9
Copyright (C) 1995-2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> ,import(admccartn home-services shell)
While executing meta-command:
no code for module (admccartn home-services shell)
```

Any help much appreciated!

regards,
Adam

--
  Adam McCartney - https://admccartney.mur.at
/

* Re: Help with imports
@ 2024-05-18 16:11 ` Adam McCartney
From: Adam McCartney @ 2024-05-18 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On 2024-05-18, Adam McCartney wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I was wondering if someone could offer some advice on where I'm going
>wrong with the following?
>
>I'm defining a module:
>
>```
>amccartn@mc ~/dotfiles  (debug/home-services *)
>>rg "define-module" admccartney/home-services/shell.scm
>3:(define-module (admccartney home-services shell)
>```
>
>And then failing to import it elsewhere, despite having added the
>directory to the guile load path.
>
>```
>amccartn@mc ~/dotfiles  (debug/home-services *)
>>tree -a ~/dotfiles/admccartney/home-services/
>/home/amccartn/dotfiles/admccartney/home-services/
>├── desktop.scm
>└── shell.scm
>
>1 directory, 2 files
>amccartn@mc ~/dotfiles  (debug/home-services *)
>>GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$GUILE_LOAD_PATH:$HOME/dotfiles/ guile
>GNU Guile 3.0.9
>Copyright (C) 1995-2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
>Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
>This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
>under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.
>
>Enter `,help' for help.
>scheme@(guile-user)> ,import(admccartn home-services shell)
>While executing meta-command:
>no code for module (admccartn home-services shell)
>```
>
>Any help much appreciated!

Whoops, sorry - just saw my own typo!

```