unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* guile -s is it necessary?
@ 2002-10-25 15:04 Sven Hartrumpf
From: Sven Hartrumpf @ 2002-10-25 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.
If you want to call Scheme scripts more portably, you should probably use
SRFI-22 (but guile does not support this SRFI, yet?):
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-22/srfi-22.html
Greetings
Sven

* guile -s  is it necessary?
@ 2002-10-15 12:21 tomas
From: tomas @ 2002-10-15 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

as I'm making a fool of myself in these lists anyway, I might
well pose a question which nagged me for a while:

Is there any particular reason (besides of higher symmetry)
you have to invoke a script as ``guile -s <script name>''
instead of just ``guile <script name>''?

Note that the second form is not only convenient on the
command line but also simplifies your trustworthy hash-bang
line. As far as I know, unadorned arguments are not yet
used in guile, so this would be a backward-compatible
embellishment/enuglyment.

Opinions?

Regards

-- tomas