unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Running files from command-line vs. load'ing them
@ 2008-12-27 16:27 Daniel Kraft
From: Daniel Kraft @ 2008-12-27 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

I'm working on a project which defines a guile module in C and then uses
this new interpreter for running some Scheme code.  I have to admit that
I'm relatively new to Guile, so I may well have done something
completely wrong.

However, everything seems to work quite fine.  Unfortunatelly, there's a
strange thing I've came across:

$ myguile -L ..
guile> (load "program.scm")

works just fine, whereas

$ myguile -L .. program.scm
ERROR: In procedure string-contains:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting string): #<winder
b7d6e360>

I tried to find out more about the problem using --debug in addition on
the commandline, but then it again works fine.

While I would happily accept that I did something completely wrong in my
program, it seems to me as if there's some bug with Guile also.  As I
understand it, all three calls above should (more or less) do the same
thing.  Or shouldn't they?

Thank you very much,
Daniel