ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Peter TB Brett writes: > >> Thanks for the info. Judging by previous experience, gEDA will need to >> support Guile 1.8.x for at least two years after Guile 2.x arrives. >> It's probably going to be painful. :-/ > > Out of curiosity, did you try building/running gEDA with Guile 1.9.x, > the pre-releases of 2.x? > > If not, we’d be glad if you could test it and report back on any > difficulties you may encounter. The 1.9 tarballs are available from > alpha.gnu.org. The ‘NEWS’ file documents some incompatibility issues. > I'll try and make time to give it a go today. Is it also at all useful to try a build against Guile's git master? Peter -- Peter Brett Remote Sensing Research Group Surrey Space Centre