unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* guile-lib has moved: http://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/
@ 2009-01-29 12:19 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-01-29 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user, guile-devel

Hello all,

Guile-Lib has moved to http://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/, and has
switched to git. We hope that this change will make it easier for Guile
contributors to get involved with Guile-Lib, and vice versa.

Check out guile-lib from git like this:

   git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/guile-lib.git

Visit guile-lib's git on the web:

   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile-lib.git

Accesses to the old web page will redirect to the new one. An update to
the bzr repository will give you this information also, and the download
area on GNA has a new readme that points people to the new locations.
Voila.

Guile-Lib will now use Guile's mailing lists as its own.

Questions? Concerns? Patches? Send them to guile-user or guile-devel,
whatever seems appropriate.

Happy hacking,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: guile-lib has moved: http://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/
@ 2009-01-29 12:27 ` Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2009-01-29 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-user

I noticed there are no releases :-)

Seriously, I pretend to maintain the guile-lib package in pkgsrc.  It
currently has:

DISTNAME=       guile-lib-0.1.4
CATEGORIES=     devel
MASTER_SITES=   http://download.gna.org/guile-lib/

MAINTAINER=     gdt@NetBSD.org
HOMEPAGE=       http://home.gna.org/guile-lib/
COMMENT=        Library functions for Guile, implemented in Scheme

which I know is old.  May I suggest that the first order of business
might be to make a release from the new place, only worrying that it is
as least as good as the last gna-hosted release.

Or perhaps this is a hosting move only, totally unconnected with release
schedule, in which case the bits from gna should be brought over, or
pointed to.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 193 bytes --]

* Re: guile-lib has moved: http://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/
@ 2009-01-29 12:44   ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-01-29 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Troxel; +Cc: guile-user

On Thu 29 Jan 2009 13:27, Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> writes:

> I noticed there are no releases :-)

I'd like to get one out soonish, at which point you should update your
pkgsrc entry. The older releases will remain at gna.org indefinitely.
I'll add a back-pointer when I push the release.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/