unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Web server catch keyboard interrupt and release port
@ 2020-09-15 19:49 Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2020-09-15 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hello Guile Users,

I am experimenting with Guile web server currently and would like to be
able to start and stop it in the REPL and Emacs Geiser REPL. I can
interrupt the (run-server ...) call using ctrl+c, but the bound port is
not released immediately. So I would like to catch the keyboard
interrupt and run code to release the port.

How can I catch the keyboard interrupt? Is there something in the Guile
manual? I could not find it.

(and how to stop the web server from running?)

Regards,
Zelphir

--
repositories: https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl

* Re: Web server catch keyboard interrupt and release port
@ 2020-09-15 21:02 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2020-09-15 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zelphir Kaltstahl; +Cc: guile-user

Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> writes:

> How can I catch the keyboard interrupt? Is there something in the Guile
> manual? I could not find it.

“sigaction” might be of interest.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Web server catch keyboard interrupt and release port
@ 2020-09-16  6:42   ` Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2020-09-16  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guile-user

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks, that helped, found it in the Guile manual : )

Regards,
Zelphir